Sunday, May 19, 2013

Kanye West Debuts both "New Slaves" & "Black Skinhead" On SNL




Personally, I have no idea where this new album is going but it seems as though Kanye is taking a very controversial position and saying some crazy shit. And to top that, he's on SNL, a largely white demographic show that's on one of this biggest Tv networks in America, force feeding the topic of modern racism, corporate racism, and consumerism. And though yes, to many it may seem that he fell into the "Angry Black Man" stigma, But I think it's quite the opposite. I think he showcased control and poise as he preformed two of the most intense songs I've ever heard from him. Creatively, I admire his courage and artistically, I am transfixed with his vision. He's talking about the same things that all the conspiracy theorists are talking about. The same "Corporations are controlling our lives" lingo that facebook is littered with daily. My only question is, will the people embrace the message or ignore it because it's Kanye West that's delivering it? ~alx.O


No comments:

Post a Comment